- Is your child experiencing trauma symptoms, anxiety or depression?
- Do you find yourself in a power struggle with your teenage son or daughter that you just can't win?
- Are you at a loss as to how to deal with your child's behavioral problems?
I LOVE working with children and families! I actively empower families to break through their formidable challenges and create secure and loving relationships. I support parents and caregivers in attuning to and effectively responding to their child's feelings and needs. In turn I coach children and teens in identifying how they feel and learning how to communicate this to their parents. I work with children and teens to reduce behavioral issues and symptoms of emotional disturbance.
I have a combined 15 years of experience working with teens, children and families in school, community, domestic violence shelters and mental health agency settings. The challenges facing my young clients have included:
- post traumatic stress
- witnessing domestic violence
- parental separation/divorce
- adjustment to a new blended family
- abuse and neglect
- teenage sexual activity and pregnancy
- bipolar disorder
- caregiver mental health challenges
I have expertise in facilitating social-emotional literacy via expressive arts therapy, emotionally focused therapy and emotion-coaching in working with youth and families to create deeper and more secure connections.
Most importantly, I help children and families have FUN together - something that often gets lost in the struggle.